Demystifying Social Media
This one-day course is aimed at de-mystifying social media and its tools as well as encouraging and guiding businesses and individuals in creating a social media strategy that compliments and ties in with their marketing and communications strategies.
With almost everyone in South Africa, and indeed worldwide, using one or more tools to chat with friends, check emails, post information, tweet their whereabouts or search for information, it is vitally important for one to be “socially savvy”. Knowing what’s out there and how to use it strategically is essential for any individual, let alone business. Everyone is now a publisher with easy access to conversational media such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and YouTube. This kind of freedom and accessibility introduces new risks and considerations for a business or individual. Gone are the days where complaints and praises came to the attention of a company or media house via the telephone or through a letter.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand what social media is and what makes it different from the other media channels;
- Understand the importance of engagement;
- Understand the various social media categories available, and know what they’re best used for;
- Have invaluable tips, techniques and tactics that you will be able to use to improve on or start your social media strategy;
- Understand the importance of and identify the first steps toward creating a social media strategy and how to integrate this with your existing marketing/media/pr campaigns;
- Understand some of the social media problems you may encounter and how to react and T’s & C’s;
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of writing for emails and the internet;
Julianne Knowt from the Accounting Standards Board says that others should definitely go on the social media course because: “There is a lot more to social media than just Tweeting, Facebooking or WhatsApping. It is such a broad and complicated field. It was helpful learning about the T’s and C’s and the important role of a social media manager”.
Date: 11 November 2015
Time: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Venue: Parkview or Observatory, Johannesburg
Contact us now to book your seat - it’s filling up quickly: email@example.com
Back To Top