Established company in the packaging industry is looking for a Sales Rep/Key Account Manager to join their fast growing team.
Candidate should have experience in the fresh meat and poultry industry as this person will be responsible for selling large packaging machinery to this sector.
Generate new packaging machine sales and stewardship of existing customer base.
· Self-motivate individual, who thrives on achievement through sales successes. A passion for sales.
· Prefers to be involved with the project from initial contact, right through to final commissioning of the equipment
· Able to work without supervision
· Capable of cold-calling on new potential customers
· Easy-going personality with a broad interest base
· Natural conservationist, not an extreme extravert
· Strong technical background to grasp relatively complex technical machine specifications
· A good communicator, able to listen to customers and offer solutions via the necessary communication mediums
· Able to think on their feet
· Creativity an advantage. Able to “think out the box”
Qualifications and experience:
· Tertiary qualification - National or National higher diploma/degree
Sound technical experience
· Sales experience (>5 years)
· Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
· Computer literate – able to work with MS Word, Excel, Outlook. CRM experience an advantage
· Language – English (written) and Afrikaans
Report directly to the MD.
· Identify new potential customers (cold calling)
· Customer quotation and costing via CRM and internal sales support
· Closing sale proposals
· Working with Technical staff to ensure installation of machines are successful
· Ensuring final project payments are made by the customer
· Stewardship of current customer base
· Overseas trips to major exhibitions
When and how often job needs to be performed:
Official working hrs – 08h00 to 16h30. Travelling and extended working hrs will be required from time to time.
Starting date and duration:
Requirement is urgent and immediate.
Basic: R 18000.00 – R20 000.00 pm
(depending on experience)
Car allowance: R 4900.00 per month
Company contribution: R 4900.00 per month
(used for medical aid and/or RA)
Cell phone allowance: R700 per month
Commission structure: based on a % of generated sales,
payable on receipt of full payment of the equipment.
Company pays for car insurance (insurance excess for employee’s account) and company related fuel expenses. The vehicle must suit the job requirement
(4 door sedan, < 1800cc).
3 months probation.
Back To Top