The fifth annual Wits Arts and Literature Experience (WALE) 9th to 12h May 2012 is set to surpass all expectations as this years’ four-day journey seeks to bring you the finest offerings of artistic, creative, literary and intellectual achievements of Wits alumni, staff and students.
As a project of Wits’ Faculty of Humanities this years’ festival will usher in the WITS 90 Years Celebration, under the theme 90 Years of Creativity, which also equals 90 Years of WITS’ Involvement in Social Activism.
WITS is globally renowned for having produced influential though leaders, exceptionally artistic and creative intellectuals. WALE 2012 will showcase this inspired alumni-capital alongside today’s creative and thought leaders while offering a glimpse into tomorrow’s shining stars in everything from dramatic arts to film, music, literature, theatre, dance and more.
WALE 2012 will feature a rich programme that includes:
• The ever popular WALE Carnival Parade
• An art exhibition titled WAM! Seeing Stars which will be the inaugural exhibition at the Launch of the WITS Art Museum at University corner,
• Spectacular musical performances and concerts, including a special focus on Jazz
• The celebration of 10 years of Journalism and Media Studies
• An Inaugural Lecture [Title and Subject to be confirmed]
• Film screenings and discussions,
• An extravagant book fair with launches and book displays by leading authors, publishers and book stores
• Drama, performance, theatre and much, much more…
WALE 2012 offers a stimulating and exciting programme for all arts and literature lovers, whatever their tastes and interest.
Back To Top