Position: Occupational Health Manager R 35 000 ctc
The position will be responsible for the establishment of an occupational health service infrastructure, including on-site clinics, mobile clinics, off-site (network-based) services, wellness days, executive health and related services.
The position will report to the GM: Corporate Health and Wellness
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishment of an occupational healthcare service capability
• Operationalising business plan for on-site clinics, mobile clinics, off-site (network-based) services, wellness days, executive health and related services
• Recruitment and management of on-site clinic staff
• Coordination of off-site network services
• Development and implementation of business processes and protocols
• The formulation of individual employer, company specific or industry-type occupational health solutions including facilitating the provision of clinical and medical examinations by an occupational health or medical practitioner for the purposes of the implementation of a medical surveillance programme by the employer.
• The facilitation, introduction and implementation of measures to assist both employers and employees with identifying, eliminating, controlling and minimising risks in the workplace while promoting health and wellness in the workplace.
• The arranging of periodic medical examinations to monitor the health status of employees and to identify and manage the health and wellness of employees. This specifically includes health- or occupational-related hazards in the workplace.
• The facilitation of any other medical examinations required or requested by employers or as required by law for specific industries.
• The identification and referral of employees with work- or workplace-related health conditions to specialist occupational medicine practitioners.
• Assist employers to introduce biological and health monitoring, health promotion and health promotion programmes
• Promotion of employee health and wellness, including providing health education on matters such as communicable and preventable diseases, health assessments to support and protect employees as far as reasonably practicable, and creating workplace awareness programmes about health and wellness
• Assisting employers to:
o comply with all legislative and administrative requirements and standards, including industry specific compliance;
o identify and assess the risks posed to employees by health hazards in the workplace;
o develop programmes for the protection and promotion of employees’ health;
o improve working conditions and the working environment;
o maintain the health of the company as a whole so as to benefit the community within which it operates;
o enhance the quality of the workplace by improving the physical, social and organisational environment;
o develop a culture that supports health and safety in the workplace; and
o use human resources management to increase productivity commensurate with ability of employees to cope better with the demands and stresses of working life.
• Providing advice on safety and hygiene standards, ergonomics and on individual and collective protective equipment.
• Assist with marketing of occupational health and workplace wellness / corporate health services to prospective corporate clients and brokers including presentations at executive level
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Nursing degree
• Ocupational health qualification
• 3 – 5 years experience in occupational health in a magerial role
Key Competencies and Skills
• Detailed knowledge of the occupational health legislative framework, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993 (“OHSA”), the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Act No. 103 of 1993 (COIDA), the Mine Health and Safety Act No. 29 of 1996 (“the Mines Act”) and the Occupational Diseases in Mines and Works Act No. 78 of 1973
• Effective problem solving skills; to be resourceful and do research on their own to resolve problems.
• Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills needed for team work and identifying end user requirements.
• Presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Possess a positive attitude.
• Ability to “think outside the box”.
• Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
• Ability to work productively in a team
• Writing and speaking fluent and correct English
• Proficiency with the following programmes is required:
MS Outlook / email
MS Explorer / Internet
• The position will be based in Sunninghill
• Own transport essential
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
• Willingness to work long hours when required is a requirement.
• A competitive salary and benefits will be negotiated, consistent with experience and the role and responsibilities of the position.
CV’s can be sent to Zonnica at email@example.com
Please add the position name in Subject
Back To Top