The Sub - Investigator (Sub-I) acts as the secondary physician in charge of medical and clinical issues at the clinical research site, acting in place of the Principal Investigator (PI), as delegated or required. Works with the PI and other Sub-I’s to evaluate the progress of the clinical trials and ensure that all study-related procedures are completed according to protocol, regulatory and ethical requirements. In executing these position responsibilities, the Sub-I is guided by the Declaration of Helsinki (DoH), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), International Committee on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, and company standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and policies.
- MBchB or equivalent
- Clinical research experience preferred / previous experience that involved direct patient care.
- Required to attend ICH/GCP course / valid GCP certificate
- Current medical malpractice insurance coverage in place: Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Registered with Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPSCA)
- Computer and internet competency and sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong interest in clinical research
- Professional use of the English language; both written and oral (Afrikaans extra optional)
- Driver’s license or means of transport to and from work
Back To Top