Recruiter: Truck & Plant Engineering Pty Ltd
Salary: R72 000 - R144 000 p/a
Job term: Permanent
Job hours: Full Time
Truck and Plant Engineering is a leader in the repair industry and is a one stop shop set up for breakdowns. We are committed to providing an outstanding level of service and fast turnaround times without compromising quality.
As part of our continued and exciting growth we are recruiting for a Turner Machinist who has the potential to be groomed into Workshop Foreman. The purpose of this role is to carry out machining of individual items on various machine tools.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Understanding Health and Safety requirements in an engineering environment.
• Reading detailed planning and/or process sheets.
• Fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
• Be able to operate and show experience of working the following machine tools: Centre Lathes, Milling machine & Vertical Borer,
• A good knowledge of tooling used on machines.
• Programming CNC machine tools or willing to learn in future.
• Writing complete reports on a daily basis including documentation such as Planning sheets, Job cards and Time sheets
• Keeping the machine tools, the workshop and the working area clean and safe.
• Undertaking other duties that will improve the working environment or assist other areas needing help.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• The ideal candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of the following:
• General Turning
• Screw cutting
• General milling
• High precision machining
• Speeds and feeds
• Knowledge of Carbon steels, Stainless Steel, Phosphorus Bronze.
• Qualifications: Red Seal Fitter & Turner
• Experience of machining a variety of materials used in engineering
• Low volume manufacturing,
• Tool making
• Repair/maintenance background.
• Heavy Engineering
• SA Driving Licence.
Truck & Plant Engineering Pty Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Back To Top