This role ensures the effective and efficient delivery and integrity of the Financial Accounting day-to-day production functions. The role includes the population of the general ledger, the daily and monthly ledger reconciliations and analysis, costing calculation, budgets and cash flow forecasts, daily & weekly & monthly reporting to management.
This role requires a self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person with strong accounting skills.
Effective and efficient delivery and integrity of Financial Accounting day-to-day production functions and the general ledgers of the business.
Ensure the effective and efficient delivery and integrity of Financial Accounting day-to-day production functions and the general ledgers of the Card Division, this includes:
Maintaining accounting infrastructure, rules and policies
General ledger(s) population, reconciliation and technical support
Accounting output control and financial reporting
Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
Analysis of all income statement accounts
Review and preparation of the monthly audit file
Creditor reconciliations and payment
Fixed asset registers
• Expense and income budgets and financial forecast models.
• Monthly cash flow forecasting and budget variance reports.
Timely and accurate management reporting to the Management and Shareholders.
• Sets up (as a new growing business unit) the appropriate systems, policies, processes and procedures, particular in across other functional areas that have financial and risk impact.
• Proactively and constructively assists management to run an efficient and profitable business without violating statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements.
• Calculate and file bi-monthly VAT returns and half yearly provisional tax returns.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS, CPA and other relevant acts and reports with regard to financial conventions and requirements.
• Management of Finance Division staff
Other Special requirements and conditions
• After hours work where requirements dictate
• Focused on deadlines, quality and integrity
Qualifications and Experience:
B Com or equivalent (Accountancy) and Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) or B Com (honours) Accountancy, with Completed Articles.
Recent CA qualification would be an advantage
Minimum 3 years working experience post Articles, preferably in the cellular industry or credit and financing business.
Advanced Excel skills
Good inter-personal and communication skills
Advanced Excel skills
Strong analytical reasoning
Excellent numerical ability
High degree of accuracy
Self-motivated and a team player
Committed, flexible and reliable
Excellent time management skills
Back To Top