Exciting opportunity for senior bookkeeper or accountant to join our growing accounts team.
Our company is a South African sub-brand of a UK firm of chartered accountants; we provide cloud based accounting and taxation services to UK clients. Successful candidates will be involved in the preparation of UK year-end financial statements.
This role will suit a logical thinker, with natural ability to problem solve and apply analytical reasoning.
This is a permanent position in our Ballito office. Start date 01/10/2020 or earlier.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Full accounts processing to trial balance
• Reconcile all balance sheet items, including year end journals
• Prepare UK year end financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement, balance sheet and supporting accounts working papers
Qualifications and skills
• Matric Accounting
• Bookkeeping qualification
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position
• Basic Microsoft Office, with strong skill on Excel
• Experience dealing with UK annual financial statements preferable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Methodical with good record keeping abilities
• A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to multi task and prioritise workload in real time
• Ability to work effectively in a pressured environment and meet deadlines
• Culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
To apply, please send us the following information:
• Full CV
• Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment
• Expected salary, your notice period, and reasons for leaving each place of employment
Back To Top