A voice-over artist is there to make the voices jump off the page. This course introduces you to various voice-over scripts which present different demands. It is important that you identify the various voice-over scripts in order to approach them in a creative and intelligent manner, which satisfies the needs of the client.
• Skills to practice voice over’s.
• An understanding of what is required to be a professional
voice over artist.
• How to use your voice when reading voice over’s.
• What to look for when listening to voice over’s of other people.
• Clear diction
• Flexibility to do Commercial, commentaries and other voice
• Posture behind the microphone;
• 5 production techniques;
• Relaxation (throat tension) and breathing for a voice over;
• Modulation = how to use the voice to get the message across;
• Textual analysis;
• Pitch, resonance = tone: sincere, happy, off the wall
• Diction = Articulation: consonants such as plosive “s” etc.;
• Vowels = enunciation of monophthongs, diphthongs,
• 20 steps to success in voice-overs;
• Voice over scripts = various demands;
• Commercials: hard sell, soft sell, deep sell, cell phone content,
“real” read – guy/girl next door, character voice, announcer –
corporate sell = 3rd person, the spokes person = 1st person
= home improvement, the gossip (woman = stare opinions);
• Commentaries: financial, investigative, wildlife, educational,
medical, travel, sport, the arts, technical, modern documentary
• Other: on hold messages, website video’s, podcast intros and
outros, sponsorship messages and DJ drops, audio books.
Duration: 13 weeks @ 1 hr per week OR 7 weeks @ 2hrs per week.
Back To Top