We are currently seeking an energetic, suitably qualified person with high regard for integrity, accountability, knowledge and experience of the printing industry to take on this challenging role.
Reporting to the press shift leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Ordering and scanning of paper reels
• Handling of paper reels
• Administration related to paper reels
• Mounting and removal of printing plates on the press
• Assisting with maintenance on the press
• General press assistant duties as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• At least a Grade 10 qualification (essential)
• Grade 12 school qualification with maths or mathematical literacy (highly advantageous)
• 2 years’ experience within a similar industry (highly advantageous)
• Must have a mechanical aptitude
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle a fast paced deadline-driven environment and have a keen interest in the newspaper industry.
• Display eagerness to learn and must have the ability to multi-task and to work independently under pressure.
The nature of the job requires shift work as well as work over week-ends, public holidays and occasional overtime.
In exchange for the successful candidate’s services, the company offers a competitive remuneration package.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged persons in accordance with the employment equity policy of the group.
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to take up this exciting challenge within our dynamic team please visit our Paarl Media website at www.paarlmedia.co.za and follow the careers link to register your CV and to apply online.
Closing Date: 23 March 2014
Back To Top