We are currently seeking to appoint an Electrician (Electronic Technician) who has a minimum of 3-5 years’ working experience and an academic qualification of at least a National Diploma. Experience in the printing or related industry will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that all printing and mailroom machinery support internal print quality and procedural standards
• Electronics has to be repaired and serviced according to manufacturer specifications
• All equipment has to be inspected and available for production at any time
• Stock levels for spare parts has to be maintained and in good working order
• Maintenance and support schedule for all machinery and equipment on site
• Support with new installations
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• An Electrical Engineering Diploma (Light Current)
• Good knowledge of various PLC’s (Including Siemens S5 & S7, Phoenix Interbus)
• Practical hands on experience with Control Systems
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Action orientated and able to multi-task
• Comfortable in a high speed and high stress environment
• Excellent communicator; assertive, with superior organisational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail and fault finding abilities
• Experience with Safety standards and the OHS Act will be an advantage
• A keen interest in the newspaper industry
The nature of the job requires possible shift work, overtime and standby when needed.
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to take up this exciting challenge within our dynamic team please visit our Paarl Media website at www.paarlmedia.co.za and follow the careers link to register your CV and to apply online. You can also go to the careers section directly at http://careers.paarlmedia.co.za.
Closing Date: 20 March 2014
Back To Top