Recruiter: Connectco Fasteners Pty Ltd
Position: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Contract type: PERMANENT
Offer: R 360 000 TO R 432 000 CTC per annum (negotiable)
A Durban based Company is seeking to employ a highly experienced and dynamic Operations Manager to manage the manufacturing plant. The manufacturing facility comprises two divisions: i.e. cold forging metal forming process and barrel electro-plating.
Purpose of the position:
The incumbent will be expected to achieve and increase both turnover and nett plant profits through the implementation of effective and efficient production processes, including plant optimization, plant layout, managing human capital efficiencies, process management, lean manufacturing and applying the theory of constraints.
Matric (Grade 12)
Strong working knowledge of financial management and cost based accounting in a production environment.
B. Eng or BTech or N4 in Production Management/Operations
At least 3 years experience in production environment
At least 3 years experience in a Operations Management role
Experience in the cold forging metal forming process would be highly preferential.
In depth working knowledge of lean manufacturing/six sigma/5s/theory of constraints
Advanced Microsoft Excel and Pastel Skills
Knowledge of LRA, BCEA, OHSA, TQM, TS 16949, ISO 9001 and 14001.
Independent, Strategic, Results Driven
• Regular customer meetings/interactions to determine forward orders.
• Ability to source customer orders for both the manufacturing and plating divisions.
• Planning orders to achieve budgeted plant turnover and nett profits.
• Daily management of the financial statements (income statement and balance sheet) to determine obstacles and plan ahead.
• Perform time studies and implement and measure human capital efficiency
• Interrogate and implement shift system to reduce energy and production costs.
• Achieving overall production and performance improvement, with efficiencies of at least 85%.
• Managing raw material, packaging, and finished goods stock
• Attends daily production meetings with different plant disciplines to present previous day/shift results and implements changes to suit demands.
• Monitors operational efficiencies and implements corrective actions for improvement.
• Assists in drawing up Production Planning Scheduling (PPM) schedule for the plant.
• Ensure that shift repairs and maintenance are effectively carried out by artisan/operators to reduce impact of downtime.
• Implementing and maintaining ISO 9001 and TS16949
• Achieving quality manufacturing requirements
• Developing a budget for production in conjunction with the Operations Director.
• Responsible for the adherence of all Standard Operating Practices (SOP) and other production related procedures
• Drive achievement of plant safety status by ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental regulations are adhered to.
• Meet profit plan and forecast objectives.
• Ensure adequate staffing and training to execute operational plans.
• Implementation of Individual Development Plans and Performance Reviews
• Ensure environmental compliance and drive safe working practices.
• Perform adhoc project work when required.
The closing date for applications is 16 May 2014.
All interested candidates must forward a comprehensive CV for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Back To Top