This course focuses directly on what directors look for in acting. It helps everybody; an amateur actor wanting to develop their skills OR an accomplished actor who wants to brush up on their skills. It teaches you the tools needed, which all international and local actors are required to use and know. It allows the student to learn about acting in a realistic way which is similar to everyday life – since acting is about portraying an everyday slice of life in a realistic and naturalistic manner. I offer a version of this course for kids too.
• An intense learning experience of new techniques in front of
• Total immersion in the craft of acting and going to auditions.
• On-camera training within the first few days.
• Personal strengths and weaknesses will be revealed for
• A professional working atmosphere.
• You will become a better communicator and listener.
• Viewing a role from a different perspective by encouraging you
to think outside the box.
• Use of voice = warming up your voice;
• How to go to a casting = Preparation for a casting; Translate
preparation into an on camera performance; Handling the call
back and meeting the client.
• Tools of acting = business; status levels, listing skills, acting
• Character building = Different ways to approach
characterization; Exercises aimed at physical and vocal
transformation, including a detailed look at mannerisms,
speech patterns, posture, gesture and clothing.
• Monologues/Duologues = How to analyze a scene using the
following tools: Overall Objective; Scene Objective, Obstacles;
Beats and Actions; Place and Fourth Wall; Inner Objects and
• Textual analysis - Modulation; Improvisation – Structured and
Unstructured - as a vehicle for harnessing the power of the
imagination, being spontaneous and collaborating with fellow
• Memorizing of lines and blocking.
• The basics of acting technique, including finding motivation
and uncovering subtext;
• Stanislavski techniques
Duration: 7 weeks @ 1hr 30min.
Back To Top