This is a course specifically designed to help you when speaking publicly. Public speaking is a process of speaking to a group of people in a structured, deliberate manner intended to inform, influence, or entertain the listeners. It is closely allied to “presenting”. Public speaking is commonly understood as a kind of face-to-face speaking between individuals and an audience for the purpose of communication. Developing skills in this area will increase your confidence and reduce anxiety about situations in which you may be called upon to speak in public. Public Speaking can branch out into the following careers: motivational speaking, leadership/personal development, business, customer service, large group communication, and mass communication.
• Achieve your business goals by becoming an outstanding
• You will negotiate better, sell better, present better, network
better and understand what communication really means.
• Providing effective, measurable training - focused on your
• Changing behaviour through inspiring, interactive talks.
• Teaching solid systems that are easily integrated and improve
• Releasing the expressive power of the voice and body when
• Turn your expertise into a compelling short talk.
• Developing your skills; strengthens you and brings relaxation
to any performance.
• Voice Control – establishing an adequate breathing to
improve quality of voice;
• Stage Presence – X-factor;
• Pitch & Resonance;
• Tone – what tone to use in your speech;
• Body Language – hands, posture;
• Delivery – modulation, controlling the voice - inflection;
• Articulation = Diction;
• Enunciation = Vowels;
• Audience relationship – what is the bottom line?, connect and
• Apply assertive verbal skills to capture and maintain audience
• Managing Public Speaking Anxiety;
• Using humour
• Understanding the various types of speeches and how to
prepare, practice and analyze
• Types of speeches: Acceptance, Charity, Christmas,
Demonstrative, Descriptive, Entertaining, Eulogies/Memorials,
Impromptu, Informative, Inspirational, Layout, Motivational,
Narrative, New Year, Persuasive, Retirement/Farewell, Team,
Duration: 13 weeks @ 1hr per week.
Back To Top