If you love words and have excellent English writing skills then this is the job for you! We are looking for an enthusiastic content writer to join our dynamic online marketing team based in Woodstock, Cape Town. The person will be responsible for writing blog posts for a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to travel, finance, sport and fashion. He/she will be responsible for producing high-quality content from scratch and must be a versatile writer with a passion for blogging, digital journalism and social media networking.
• Approximately 2 blog posts per day (subject matter to be agreed upon)
• Social media updates and community building (Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.).
• Scope to learn about aspects of online marketing including guest posting, Google authorship and more.
• Academic degree with English/Journalism as a major
• Excellent writing skills in English and the ability to write engaging content for websites and social media platforms
• At least one year’s work experience in a writing role (or similar position)
• Experience in creating content for blogs and working with a content management system a plus.
• Familiarity with Internet marketing, SEO, social media management a plus.
• Ability to think out of the box and formulate creative ideas for blog posts
• Excellent English writing skills
• A love of the English language
• Ability to write about numerous topics including finance, sports, fashion, travel and more.
• Basic editing skills and ability to edit his/her own work
• Meticulous, thorough and quality-driven
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent computer skills.
R6000 – R15000 (depending on qualifications, experience and writing skills).
How to Apply
Applications should be mailed to elizabeth [AT] xcellentmarketing.co.uk. Applications MUST include the following:
• A cover letter/letter of motivation
• A detailed CV describing your writing experience, qualifications etc.
• An extensive writing portfolio (lifestyle-oriented topics would be best)
• Contact details of 2 people who can vouch for the quality of your writing and your overall work ethic (i.e. university professor, employee etc.)
Applications that fail to include the above will not be considered.
DEADLINE: 31 APRIL 2013
Back To Top