The Senior Editor will be responsible for the overall quality and consistency of all writing produced by a team of approximately 12 content writers. He/she will set journalistic standards and a quality vision for the online content generated by the team. He/she will directly manage the content team working closely with the Head of Marketing and Senior Content Manager to ensure content marketing needs are met. The senior editor should be a natural leader with at least 3 years experience in an in-house editing role.
1. Sub-edits all web copy (blogs, main website pages, social media updates etc.) published by the content team
2. Cross-checks facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, photography, flow, authenticity and relevancy to the topic etc.
3. Works closely with head of marketing and content manager to ensure consistency of the team, that content marketing needs are met and that articles obtain enough exposure online.
4. Contributes to editorial pieces where necessary
5. Motivates and develops editorial staff
6. Ensures deadlines and editorial requirements are met.
1. Degree or even post-graduate degree in Journalism or English.
2. At least 3 years experience in an editorial role overseeing writers.
1. Understand online copyright issues
2. Excellent team leader and good managerial skills
3. Ability to cope under pressure
4. Keen attention to detail/meticulous/perfectionistic
5. Extensive knowledge of industry guidelines and writing for the web
6. Excellent knowledge and love for the English language
7. Excellent computer skills
8. Familiarity with online marketing, SEO, social media management, Google Authorship, guest posting.
9. Good general knowledge and must be able to handle copy on a wide variety of topics
Negotiable depending on experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be mailed to elizabeth [AT] xcellentmarketing.co.uk. Applications MUST include the following:
• A cover letter/letter of motivation
• A detailed CV describing your experience, qualifications etc.
• An extensive portfolio of work
• Contact details of 2 people who can vouch for the quality of your writing and your overall work ethic (i.e. university professor, employee etc.)
Applications that fail to include the above will not be considered.
DEADLINE: 31 APRIL 2013
Back To Top