Eensgevonden is a beautifully positioned farm, with 360 deg views across the Breede River Valley and the magnificent mountains surrounding it.
It is an hour from Cape Town, in the middle of one of the largest wine producing areas and is part of Route 62.
Friendly hosts will give you a warm welcome and happily guide you through their vineyards, to swim in the rock pool or hike in the mountains. Or to visit their farmstead - a National Monument - the oldest farmhouse in the valley dating back to the 1720’s.
There is a choice of three “Cape” guest cottages which in total sleep 10. Two 2-bedroomed (queen & 2 singles) and one 1-bedroomed cottage (one queen) - each with separate bathrooms with showers/bath. Each cottage is set in a large indigenous garden with private braai/BBQ areas.
The cottages are bright and airy, with big double doors opening onto large stoeps/verandas. A great spot for evening sundowners. They are fully equipped for self catering - fridge, stove, microwave etc. “Breakfast in a basket"is available on request. The beds are extremely comfortable with crisp, white linen and feather duvets! The cottages have no TV’s or radios! Wireless internet access is available for those who can’t travel without their laptop!
The farm Eensgevonden includes a 400ht mountain nature reserve. Just on your doorstep, there are hiking trails through the mountain fynbos, with fantastic views all round. A 5min walk from the cottages is a lovely secluded mountain pool for swimming in the Summer and in Winter, the cottages are cosy with fireplaces, whilst the surrounding mountains are snow-capped.
There are about 20 cellars in a 15kms radius of Eensgevonden, all giving you the opportunity to sample the excellent wines and food of the area.
For a quiet getaway from the city - some wine-tasting, bird-watching or hiking - this is the place to visit!
Facilities on the farm:
* Mountain swimming pool
* Braai / BBQ’s in indigenous garden
* Bird watching
* Hiking in 400ht Nature Reserve (includes Queen Victoria Peak 1240 m)
* Grape picking (in Feb & March)
* Wireless internet connection
* Farm produce
* Breedekloof Wine Route
* Good restaurants nearby
* Worcester Wine Route
* Horse riding
* Game Farm and game drives
* Trout Fishing
* Sailing, Boating & Water skiing on Brandvlei Dam
* Breede River Rafting/Canoe Trips
* Cape Gliding & Flying Club - best flying conditions in the Cape
* Klein Plaasie - Living open air museum
* 18 Hole golf course, designed by Gary Player
* KWV Brandy Cellar - the largest in the world
* Karoo National Botanical Gardens
* Art Galleries and Glass blowing
Back To Top