Come and treat yourself to an unforgettable night in an authentically restored ox-wagon and a panoramic view of Hartbeespoortdam high from the Witwatersberg Mountains.
- Oxwagon Chalets
- Conference venue
- Pub and lapa Outdoor function venue with spectacular views
- Nature Museum and Oxwagon Museum
- Nature Trail
- Backpackers Inn
Description of Venue
A living museum and private hideaway for nature lovers where you relive the romance of the early Pioneers and Jock of the Bushveld era. The Ring Oxwagon Lodge is a unique concept combining original ossewa with some modern comforts, in an atmosphere of friendliness, bird song and beautiful trees.
- Three, four, five or six beds per chalet (double bed in ox-wagon).
- Own bathroom with shower.
- Bedding provided; tea and coffee provided; no self-catering.
- A converted double-decker bus!
- 4 single beds and 14 bunks.
- Mens and ladies ablution block.
- Bedding provided; no self-catering.
- Total number of beds in oxwagon chalets 27.
- Total number of beds in the double-decker bus 18.
Number of Rooms:
- 6 oxwagon chalets, each one with an oxwagon and a chalet under a single thatched roof.
- 3 rooms in the Backpackers Inn.
Things to do in the area
Nature and cultural attractions:
- The Cradle of Humankind
- World Heritage Site
- De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Research Centre
- Elephant Sanctuary
- Curio markets
- Pilanesberg National Park
- Crocodile Ramble and Magalies Meander Historical Boer War sites
- Horse riding
- Fishing and water sports on Hartbeespoort Dam
- Fly fishing
- Hot-air ballooning
- 4x4 and quad bike trails
- Boat trips on Hartbeespoort Dam
Annual attractions and events:
- Motorbike Impala Rally in February
- Om die Dam Ultra Marathon in March