Namikoshi Shiatsu is a traditional, Japanese healing method. Shiatsu means “finger pressure.” Unlike the massages of the West, where kneading and friction is used, in Shiatsu pressure and stretching is the key. Namikoshi Shiatsu has a foundation in Western anatomy and physiology. In Namikoshi Shiatsu, the therapist uses palms, fingers, thumbs, knuckles, elbows, knees and the feet, to work on pressure points on the body, through clothing, with the goal of restoring, maintaining and optimising health.
Seven Effects of Shiatsu on the Biofunctions
1. Invigorates the skin functions
2. Promotes suppleness in the muscular tissues
3. Stimulates the circulation of the body fluids
4. Harmonizes the function of the nervous system
5. Regulates the operation of the ductless endocrine glands
6. Corrected faults in the skeletal system
7. Normalizes the digestive system
Full Body 90 minutes: R550.
Focused work 60 minutes: R420.
NOTE: Shiatsu is a totally safe and complementary treatment (it does not replace medical treatment) but there are some physical conditions which could be contra-indicatory to massage. If you are being treated by a GP for anything please let me know in advance.
NOTE: Shiatsu is NOT a sexual service.
Back To Top