Embedded Networking Software Engineer x4, Centurion, R neg. pa
Our client is the leading developer of high-performance networking solutions for cloud, data center, service provider and enterprise communications products. Their flow processing solutions increase the performance of virtualized servers by offloading compute-intensive workloads, such as network virtualization, security, flow classification, content processing, deep packet inspection and dynamic load balancing. Their products are used by networking OEMs and ODMs worldwide and include FlowProcessors, FlowNICs and FlowEnvironment software. Their processors are supported by comprehensive tools and a broad ecosystem of premier partners.
Requirements and Skills
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least two years of relevant work experience.
• Proficient in embedded programming (C/C++) and scripting languages (e.g. bash, Bourne shell, Python).
• Experience with IXP/NFP software development (C/assembler) is desired.
• Extensive experience with development and debugging on a Linux platform is required (GCC/G++, revision control systems, build systems, troubleshooting, debugging and profiling tools).
• Experience with embedded systems and embedded software development is required.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming is desired.
• Knowledge of major network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP, Ethernet, ARP, ICMP, UDP as well as typical network device operations such as parsing, classifying, filtering and forwarding traffic is desired.
• Knowledge w.r.t. implementation of network protocols and device driver/network stack internals for Linux and/or other embedded operating systems is desired.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g. hypervisors, IOV) is desired.
• Extensive experience with designing and optimizing software to meet specified performance goals is required.
• Experience with network security protocols (e.g., IPsec) is desired.
• Knowledge of network switching and routing including network design, L2 bridging, STP, L3 routing and dynamic protocols is desired.
• Assembly language programming experience is advantageous.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplined team environment is required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Work as part of a team to design, develop, debug, test and support high-performance networking software.
Credit, criminal, qualification and employment history checks are a pre-requisite for this position.
Should you not be contacted within 10 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
Please send a detailed CV directly to us.
Visit our website http://www.engineeringjobs.org.za/index.php/candidates/vacancies on a regular basis for new positions listed.
Back To Top