Quality Assurance Engineer x4, South Africa, R neg. pa
Our client is the leading developer of high-performance networking solutions for cloud, data center, service provider and enterprise communications products. Their flow processing solutions increase the performance of virtualized servers by offloading compute-intensive workloads, such as network virtualization, security, and flow classification, content processing, deep packet inspection and dynamic load balancing. Their products are used by networking OEMs and ODMs worldwide and include FlowProcessors, FlowNICs and FlowEnvironment software. Their processors are supported by comprehensive tools and a broad ecosystem of premier partners.
The QA Engineer’s primary task is to perform blackbox testing of the company’s hardware and software products. This individual will build test software to expose defects in production level code at the component and feature level.
Requirements and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Experience testing and administering in Linux and other Unix environments
• Excellent Bash & Python scripting skills; Some basic C/C++ programming skills in a Linux environment
• Excellent knowledge of IP/Ethernet Networking and TCP/IP protocol Stack; Experience configuring and operating switches and routers is a plus.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills
• Ability to review engineering technical specifications and participate in review meetings, when called upon. As well as meet with developers to discuss technical aspect of features.
• Design and author test cases for assigned feature areas of a test release.
• Design and build testing tools for automated unit, functional, and performance testing. Develop Linux and Windows based test applications.
• Define and execute test procedures.
• Work with developers on reproducing and researching defects
• Track and manage defects on a day to day basis
• Setup and maintain lab text environments
• Provide QA Support for Field trials of various products
• Participate in all activities accordingly to ensure on-time deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with other QA engineers and software/hardware developers.
Credit, criminal, qualification and employment history checks are a pre-requisite for this position.
Should you not be contacted within 10 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
Please send a detailed CV directly to us.
Visit our website http://www.engineeringjobs.org.za/index.php/candidates/vacancies on a regular basis for new positions listed.
Back To Top