Senior Specialist Solution Architect (Telecoms sector) – East London
Salary: R600 000 per annum (neg)
Type: One year contract
• To interact with customers to gather technical requirements, architect customer networks and compile solution proposal documentation in the converged communication space as part of the Sales process.
• Perform role of interface between customer, commercial and technical entities by translating between business requirements and technical specifications.
• • Provide a solution focused consultancy service to clients e.g. blue chip companies, SMEs, local, provincial and national government. This will be in support of sales and presales colleagues, which will entail the analysing of complex customer requirements
• • Provide high level assistance and support prior to solution implementation, during solution implementation and post solution implementation.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with key clients, internal groups within the company, suppliers and partners.
• Deliver presentations to customers on existing and emerging technologies as well as the benefits or impact of these on customers.
• Identify opportunities within client environments for solutions or new product development.
• Respond to business and wholesale customer queries as per request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) documents.
• Conduct research on and keep abreast of ICT trends to identify new product opportunities. Utilise solution design experience and expertise to provide input into and create architecture for new product development.
• Regularly meet with the internal parties; e.g. Products and Engineering teams; as well as external parties; e.g. suppliers and partners; in order to understand internal and external roadmaps, technology strategies and product strategies.
• Review and assess all existing products and services or those being considered by Vodacom in terms of its applicability and impact on business customers.
Job Specific Requirements
• Knowledge of converged solutions design and development e.g. fixed mobile convergence, triple or quad play services and unified communications.
• Cross Domain Technology Architecture knowledge coupled with implementation experience including a combination
Job Related Skills:
• Business acumen and ICT awareness.
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Technical writing skills.
• Research skills.
• 5-10 Years relevant experience in IT or Engineering (essential).
• Industry certification e.g. Cisco (CCNA/CCDA and above), CISSP or similar (preferred).
• In-depth knowledge of various technology architecture domains and convergence (preferred).
• 3 year Degree in IT or Engineering related field (essential).
Please forward your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back To Top