Job Title: CONTRACTOR SAFETY OFFICER
A Civil Construction Company Permanent position available in Upington, Northern Cape for a qualified Safety Officer to manage the Contractors and Subcontractors.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
You would require the following for this position:
- Matric/ Grade 12 certificate
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Safety Advisor on Construction projects
- Successful completion of a Supervisors training course
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk management processes
- Sound knowledge of incident causation phenomena
- Sound knowledge of accident investigation procedures
- SACPCMP registration or in process with proof
- Must have previous Safety experience within the Construction environment
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid code 8 driver’s license
- Updated CV
- Copy of Most Recent Pay slip if employed
- Copy of ID Document
- Copies of Qualifications
Your Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist with legal compliance
- Report functionally to the Safety Manager on site
- Co-ordinate safety representative functions
- Identify health, safety and environment training needs
- Compliance of safety statistics for the operation
- Carry out risk assessments in conjunction with the Quality Manager and respective Departmental Managers
- Conduct safety inspections
You will need to reside in Upington or surrounding area.
Competitive remuneration packages are offered and will be determined by relevant experience.
Please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back To Top