ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE REQUIRED SKILLS WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE READ THE BELOW JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO MAIL YOUR CV AND A PICTURE OF YOURSELF TO THE SPECIFIED MAIL ADDRESS
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOUTH AFRICAN RESIDENTS ONLY
Job ID: 2013-0012
Job Location: Johannesburg, Greenside
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Package: R6,500.00 to R7,000.00 (Nett)
BPS was formed in 2008 and is at the forefront of Location Based Media/Marketing(LBM). Our services range from Map Embedding client’s locations on digital maps used in GPS devices, cellphone applications and web applications to Google Places Optimisation and LBM campaigns on Navteq’s LocationPoint Advertising™ platform. As the digital media spend continues to grow so does BPS. Our clients include the likes of Spur, Panarotti’s, John Dory’s, KFC, Checkers, KFC
The successful incumbent will be accountable for assisting the Operations Manager to perform a variety of regular tasks to facilitate a well organised office.
The incumbent will be requires to complete specialised computer tasks for the company as instructed by the Operations Manager to relieve the OM of certain essential routine responsibilities and to assist the OM by completing projects and workflows as requested to meet deadlines.
Given the scope of the position available, this job description will focus on key business elements which the incumbent will need to successfully perform
- Daily processing of invoices on Pastel utilising Pastel Partner’s Cashbook
- Weekly reconciliations of various client accounts
- Administration of the accounts e-mail address
- Weekly Debtors reconciliations
- Ensuring that all invoices received during the month are printed and reflect the company’s relevant information to ensure the OM has minimal invoice queries come month end
- Maintaining the filing system and ensuring that new and existing client files are up to date.
- Daily day end meetings with the OM to approve cashbook batches processed as well as to identify possible concerns within the Finance Department.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Processing of daily employee attendance records and ensuring that leave stats for all employees are up to date.
- Processing staff disbursements
- Processing of travel claims
- Monthly fuel allowance reports
- Provide executive level administrative support to the OM with a demonstrated ability to improvise, improve & streamline procedures with a high focus of meeting demanding deadlines
- Assist the OM in ensuring that all reporting structures with the organization are regularly updated and reflect accurate and true results
- Liaison between all impacted departments to ensure proper communications and reporting practices
- Weekly meetings to coordinate with departmental managers relating to master reports to facilitate accurate and smooth month end reporting.
- Stationery control
- Purchase Order issuing and control
Six Sigma is a set of tools and strategies for process improvement, Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in business processes.
- Assist the OM (Green Belt Graduate) in identifying business elements that require a more effective reporting structure
- Assist the OM in managing and maintaining the existing complex reporting structures within the organization
- Liaise with company individuals regarding issues with reporting tools and report back to the OM
- Weekly meetings with the OM to discuss issues and resolve data corruption issues with the various reporting structures in place.
In house training will be provided to bring the successful incumbent up to spped with regards to Six Sigma
48h training course will be provided at the expense of the company to enable the incumbent to be a certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Graduate
- Obtaining quotes from various print houses for large scale prints – negotiating best rates per sqm for production
- Presenting quotes to the OM for final approval
- Issuing of purchase orders to suppliers & keeping track of PO’s
- Ensuring CI’s and PO are received prior to flighting
- Ensuring CI’s are within allocated budget from client
- Booking of flighting teams to flight banners at specific sites
- Ensuring flighted pictures of new banners are received day after flighting occurs
- Daily/Weekly meetings with the OM to discuss progress on production and flighting as well as identify areas of concern
- Electronic filing of correspondence
- Hard copy filing
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Regular client interaction (telephone) in order to ensure good relations
- Answering of business calls in a professional manner
- Welcoming visitors and clients
- Keeping a record of all client queries and compliments
- Submitting press releases to the OM for action
- Daily/Weekly meetings with the OM
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Successful proven experience as an administrative assistant is essential (Minimum 3 years)
- Experience as an Administration Assistant in a related business or industry will be an advantage
- Experience in the Outdoor Advertising or Media sphere will be an advantage
- Experience in utilising and implementing Six Sigma methodologies will be a huge advantage
- Extremely strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) incumbent will be required to complete an excel test at interview
- Own car and driver’s license essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving experience
- Passionate about outdoor media and the marketing sphere as a whole.
- Desire to be involved in a media revolution and change the way people interact with products, services.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and improve work output
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to mail your CV as well as a photo of yourself.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements need not apply
Back To Top