A reputable operator training service provider is looking to employ a Lifting Equipment Instructor/Assessor. The Lifting Equipment Instructor/Assessor will be responsible for delivering lifting equipment training (including forklift, overhead crane, truck mounted crane and mobile and tower crane) to private and public sector clients. They will also evaluate assessments according to specific unit standard specifications and guidelines.
Essential Minimum Requirements:
• Grade 12
• Valid Code 08 driving license
• Registered assessor
• Certified lifting equipment operator
• 3 – 5 years Lifting Equipment training experience
• Proficient in Afrikaans and English (Xhosa proficiency beneficial)
The duties of Lifting Equipment Instructor/Assessor will include:
• The facilitation and assessment of various unit standard courses (includes both theoretical and practical components).
• Travelling frequently to meet the needs of clients, as requested by management.
• Instructing and monitoring learners in the use and care of operating lifting equipment in order to prevent injury and damage.
• Monitoring students’ performance to make suggestions for improvement and to ensure that clients satisfy the learning outcomes for specific unit standards, for the successful completion of various courses.
• Observing learners, to determine limitations, abilities, and other individual characteristics.
• Submitting learner portfolio of evidence for moderation purposes in order for learner to receive certificate of successful completion.
• Encouraging and stimulate learner participation and interest during and after the completion of the unit standard course.
• Preparing students for formal assessments/tests in order to successfully complete the unit standard course and achieve outcomes/competence.
• Engaging in preparation activities before the presentation and facilitation of various unit standard courses.
• Engaging in behaviours that is both professional and respectful when interacting with clients, co-workers and other outside organisations.
• Performing general administrative activities (i.e. copy identification documents, attendance register, facilitator evaluation form, learner information form, attendance register, portfolio of evidence, delivering certificates to learners etc.,).
• Collecting and distributing of learner manuals.
• Marking tests/assessments according to outcomes-based guidelines and distributing marked papers to moderators.
• Being punctual, organised, flexible and professional when engaging with learners and/or clients.
We are looking for an individual:
• With a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
• That is able to work independently
• That is highly dependable with strong time management skills
• With a strong customer focus and quality orientation
• That is a confident and effective communicator
Starting date: May 2014
Salary: R10 500 per month
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications must be submitted before 22 April 2014
Back To Top